JPS VIA, powered by the ESChat platform, provides secure voice and data links between mobile devices and JPS gateways. This brings many new features to gateway operators, interoperability system members, and smart device users. System operators and individual users of the gateway's various communications systems can now communicate via smart phones and tablets as well as traditional LMR resources.
- Connection to JPS products using RoIP
- Wireless carrier agnostic
- Fast call setup, excellent voice quality
- Instant secure PTT voice and group text communications
- Live and historical ("bread crumb") location tracking
- ISSI integration for P25 LMR networks
- In-call preemption and priority-based call override
- Late join and re-join on group calls
- Presence indicators for groups and individual contacts
- Complete user account management by administrators using a handset or by web-based GUI
- SPREC interface for professional 3rd-party recording systems
- Future Improvements include:
- Path to Mission Critical Push-to-Talk (MCPTT)
- Deeper integration to JPS gateways
The JPS VIA PoC app is a cloud-hosted service that can be run over commercial cellular (carrier agnostic) or Wi-Fi networks. This is not a service that is tied to your cellular provider. On-premises systems are available by request.
ESChat's addition of the JPS RoIP protocol into their platform allows ESChat servers to communicate directly with new and existing JPS gateways.