IMPORTANT - If you are currently at a firmware version at or below 3.1.1, you MUST contact JPS Support BEFORE updating your firmware.
- Browse to the Z-Series Controller
- Select the three lines on the top right of the page and click the 'Upload New Firmware' button (v4.1.0 and earlier) or open the 'Administration' menu and click the 'Software Update' button (v4.2.0 and later)
- Choose the file downloaded above and click 'Update'
- Optional: Select ‘Clean Install’ to factory reset (IP address and user logins persist) the device simultaneously. This does not work for the initial upgrade to v4.X.
- Allow the firmware update to finish and the Z-Series Controller to reboot. The update process can take several minutes. Do not power off the Z-Series Controller until the update process has completed and the fault light ceases blinking.
- During the initial upgrade to v4.X, after the fault light ceases blinking, you will need to manually refresh the browser page a couple times to access the UI again."Waiting for Reboot" will not automatically refresh the login page. You may need to clear the browser cache and login to the IP address again.
- All v3 and earlier firmware comes as a .tgz file, as well as the initial v4 firmware migration file. Future v4 updates (updating from 4.0.0 and beyond) will be .jps files.
- There are many changes included with the update to the v4 firmware, please see the updated documentation.
- Release notes are available here.